Friday, January 15, 2010
Salt: The Enemy of Bikes
I have let my bike go far too long without a wash this winter. But it is kind of hard to wash a bike in freezing conditions. It is a hassle to turn the hose on since it is shut off in the basement. And while I have thought of organizing a group ride to the local you-do-it car wash and use the high pressure sprayer, the Allston one is the only one I can think of close to Newton and that is out of the way. Yesterday I came up with a workable solution: I used a hand sprayer pump from sears, kind of like this one. It worked reasonably well in getting a jet of water in between the fenders and tire, and along the chain inside the chain guard. Any other good ideas out there for a good way to wash a bike during the winter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment