You can be part of this: donate your empty soda cans or plastic bottles (email nathan@bu.edu). We'll pick them up by bike, redeem them, and donate the coupons to the Newton Food Pantry, at the same time we make our weekly bike trips there to deliver surplus food. On the way home from the Food Pantry, we take compostable items and recyclable cardboard back to the Rumford Ave recycling center. Bikes, food, recycling - an awesome combo!
If you want to be part of the bike delivery fleet, that can be arranged too.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that you've taken this on, Nathan! I wish I could donate, but my family doesn't consume much in the redeemable can/bottle category.
Steve - better to reduce consumption of unneeded stuff than to recycle anyway - so good for you guys. Can we still rope you in for making bike deliveries once in a while though? I have just purchased and am eagerly awaiting a bike cargo trailer for this project - and you or anyone else can use it whenever needed (or to haul other stuff around).
Consider me roped!
Post a Comment